How Useful Are MSPs?
Managed Service Providers in the field of Information Technology have a more critical role than other business organizations. There are important things to consider when it comes to IT, and these are:
- Reliable IT staff-able to conduct routine maintenance such as updating and installing hardware and software.
- Availability-sometimes an organization needs a system that can support their business on a 24/7 time basis. Especially if engaged in international business and there is the issue of different time zones. This may call for staff that is able to meet this demand.
- Generate Income-ensure that whatever technology you are using in your organization is able to pay you back and not the other way round. This is achieved by simply weighing the available options and making the right choice as to the type of technology most suited to properly run your organization.
Why do you need MSP?
Organizations prefer having in-house IT staff because it is cheaper to have an employee on pay role than hire an IT firm to manage your network. What most entities don’t know is that they could be missing out on better services than just the routine maintenance and updating of software. There is a whole lot more in the tech world, so instead of overwhelming your IT staff and missing out on new developments, the managed service providers do the extra that will boost your business to higher levels. Here are the reasons why you should consider MSPs:
- Specialized support: depending on the kind of organization you are running, they custom make for you the most suitable IT system. They are aware of the statutory regulations in your area of expertise and so ensure that your technology is in compliance. Examples of those regulations include: the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), which is very critical in an organization dealing with Healthcare in the United States of America. Also, the General Data Protection Regulation(GDPR), which is a regulation in European Union law on data protection and privacy for all people within the European Union and the European Economic Area (EEA). These are just a few of the considerations that an MSP takes into account when managing and maintaining your technology.
- Reliable support which provides a 24/7 help desk to deal with client issues. This is basically an IT firm’s work; it is what they specialize in. They give it their all as compared to your organization’s IT staff who would not appreciate being disturbed in the middle of the night just to handle a client issue. It would also be very expensive to try and employ staff who are able to provide services over time.
- Security and privacy of client data are guaranteed since the IT staff in the managed service providers are experts who are well equipped and ready to handle issues of a security breach. To top it off, your organization will not have to worry about the legal liabilities that may arise in case a security breach occurs.
- System back-up and data recovery are well handled by the MSP because they have the resources to conduct research and come up with mechanisms to deal with network issues such as downtime. Small entities do not have to worry about spending additional resources on top of what is already lost in trying to establish better mechanisms in terms of what should be done in those situations. MSPs will ensure that you get back on your feet as soon as possible in situations where issues like downtime affect your business.
- Software updates are as important in IT as regular service on a car. Needless to say, they are a bit complex and time-consuming. MSPs help you to focus on other important things as they update your software in the background. They know which one is best suited for your organization to give you optimum benefits.
- It is very expensive trying to hire the services of an IT firm for a specific task or during an emergency. You could save on these expenses if you are relying on a contracted managed service providers. They are reliable and efficient because they understand your business environment and so handle emergencies beforehand by devising workable, tried and trusted mechanisms.
Technology has become an integral part of every organization. The best way to ensure that you are maximizing its benefits is by acquiring and managing the right technology suitable for your organization. That is exactly why you need the managed service providers to do all your IT work. You worry about running your organization while they help you boost your business through IT. The collaboration between your organization and an MSP firm will simply provide you with stability and reliability in your network.
Brian Gray, MCP, is the President at Kraft Technology Group, LLC (KTG), an affiliate of KraftCPAs PLLC. Within his role, Brian is responsible for all aspects of service delivery to our clients. Brian has a decade of experience working for managed service providers. He has worked with clients in a variety of industries, including financial services, accounting, legal, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail.