Microsoft is the best choice for almost all daily work in the office, whether it’s Microsoft Word for documentation, Microsoft Outlook for email or Microsoft Excel for spreadsheets, so why not get the most out of those services? With the right Microsoft Office 365 expert, you can do even more with it.
However, as one of the world’s biggest technology companies, Microsoft knows that a product has to continually change in order to keep up with the ever-changing demands of users. Unfortunately, this can sometimes cause issues when a relied upon feature or version of software becomes unsupported.
Case in point – Microsoft has recently announced that an upcoming change will affect how Office 365 connects to Outlook, which could keep some users from accessing their inboxes.
This key change will end up affecting all Outlook users that are using a version more than two years old to connect to an Office 365 mailbox. That is, the protocol that allowed Outlook versions from 2007, 2010, and 2013 to connect with Office 365 (RPC over HTTP, or, Outlook Anywhere) will stop being supported by Office 365 after October 31, 2017. Details include:
- Users of Outlook 2007 will not be able to connect to Office 365 after October 31. If that is the version you are currently using, you will therefore need to upgrade to a newer version of Outlook.
- Users of Outlook 2010 will only be able to connect to Office 365 after October 31 if the proper updates have been installed in order to meet or exceed a specific build number: 14.0.7164.5002. Furthermore, it’s important not to forget that Microsoft mainstream support for Outlook 2010 has expired.
- Users Outlook 2013 will only be able to connect to Office 365 after October 31 if the proper updates have been installed in order to meet or exceed a specific build number: 15.0.4779.1002.
So what can you do to keep connected to your Outlook inbox?
First of all: don’t worry. With expert Microsoft Office 365 support from Kraft Technology Group LLC, you can rest easy. We can handle your update processes and any migrations or further support needed to ensure that you and your employees always have access to your Outlook inboxes, both before and after October 31.
In order to keep you connected we’ll do the following for you:
- Verify your business’ Outlook versions and build numbers
- Inform you of any required upgrades that need to be made by October 31
- Let you know of any opportunities to move to enhanced Office 365 licensing options that will both handle the necessary upgrades and improve your productivity
- Implement an Office 365 data backup strategy if your current strategy isn’t adequate to protect your Exchange, SharePoint, and OneDrive for Business data
Once we’ve got you properly setup to keep you connected to your Outlook inboxes, don’t forget that we can do a lot more as well. If you don’t feel that you’re getting everything you think you should from Microsoft Office 365, then allow Kraft Technology Group LLC to help.
Our team of Microsoft experts is well-versed in everything that Office 365 has to offer, from the core functions of workhorses like PowerPoint and Excel to the hidden features and handy tricks that will allow you to use old standards in new and exciting ways. Upgrading to a more recent version of Microsoft Office 365 and actually using this new version to its full potential requires a solid grasp of exactly what it has to offer, which features and applications will have the most benefit for your unique business, and how to leverage the cloud aspect of this productivity suite to improve the way your staff gets work done.
Partnering with Microsoft Office 365 expert takes the guesswork out of it, and offers your business a valuable resource to help your team use this game-changing Office suite to your maximum advantage. Because what’s the point of investing in high-end technology if you’re not going to use it the way it was intended?
The Kraft Technology Group LLC team has handled countless businesses’ transitions to Microsoft Office 365, taking care of everything from the initial install to helping to set up access to OneDrive to keeping track of subscription and licensing information. By making sure that every aspect of Office 365 has been setup correctly and taking the time to help your staff understand how the new tools they’ve been given actually work, your business can take advantage of a host of incredible new options that will help to simplify tasks, speed up projects, and impress your clients.
The key to finding real success with Microsoft Office 365 is having the needed resources and support in place to keep things running smoothly. That means having an experienced IT provider like Kraft Technology Group LLC taking care of needed patches and updates, monitoring and maintaining the security of your entire IT environment, and helping you manage the devices that have access to mission-critical data and applications.
Microsoft Office 365 is flexible, versatile, and surprisingly simple. It’s just a matter of having the right IT provider implement and leverage this incredible productivity tool, making sure you’re not missing out on what Microsoft Office 365 has to offer.
Interested? Call Kraft Technology Group LLC right away at (615) 241-9233 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn mo